What Has America Become ?
by Ken Huber, Tawas City, Michigan
Has America become the land of the special interest and home of the double standard?
- If we lie to Congress, it's a felony, but if Congress lies to us, it's just politics.
- If we dislike a black person, we're racist. But if a black dislikes whites, it's their First Amendment right.
- The government spends millions to rehabilitate criminals, but almost nothing for the victims.
- In public schools, it can be taught that homosexuality is OK, but you better not ever use the word "GOD".
- You can kill an unborn child, but it's wrong to execute a mass murderer.
- We don't burn books in America - they're just rewritten.
- We got rid of the Communist and Socialist threats by renaming them Progressives.
- We are unable to close our border with Mexico, but we have no problem "protecting" the 38th parallel in Korea.
- If you protest against President Obama's policies, you're a terrorist. But if you burn an American flag or George Bush in effigy, it's your First Amendment right.
- You can have pornography on TV or the interent, but you better not put a Nativity scene in a public park during Christmas.
- We have eliminated all criminals in America - they are now called "sick people".
- We can use a human fetus for medical research, but it's wrong to use an animal.
- We take money from who work hard for it and give it to those who don't want to work.
- We support the Constitution, but only when it supports our poilitcal ideology.
- We still have Freedom of Speech, but only if politically correct.
- Parenting has been replaced with Ritalin and video games.
- The Land of Opportunity has been replaced with the Land of Handouts.
- The similarity between Hurricane Katrina and the Gulf Oil Spill is that neither president did anything to help.
- How do we handle a major crisis today?
The government appoints a committee to determine who's at fault, then threatens them, passes a law and raises taxes.
Then tells us the problem is solved so they can get back to their reelection campaign.